Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"A" Restaurant Ratings Don't Mean Jack

Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Be afraid. Be very afraid. Well, at least be wary. My experience today is proof that these so called health ratings don't mean jack. 

Today I ordered from Salvemini's Italian Kitchen also known as Lenzinis Pizza. I ordered one, large Maestro pizza on organic whole wheat crust and one slice of chocolate mousse cake. Mind you, I've never ordered from this place before but the whole wheat crust intruigued me. 

While I was nearing the end of the chocolate mousse cake I tasted what could easily be described as insecticide. At first, I thought it was just my imagination so I took another bite. I tasted it again. It can't me, right? Right. I turned it around only to find that the chocolate mousse cake had mold on it. Disgusting. 

I immediately called the Pizzeria. A girl answered the phone and I asked her what rating her restaurant had. At first, she had no idea what I was talking about. She asked a co-worker and then she replied, "A." A?? How could this restaurant have an A rating? I asked to speak to her manager and apparently he or she was not there today. I told the girl that their "A" rated food had mold on it and that her manager needs to call me right away.

I filed a complaint with the BBB and I also e-mailed Environmental Health. I hope someone looks into this and I hope I get my money back. I'm afraid I might get sick from this and I have no idea what to do.
Any suggestions?


Anika said...

Ugh, disgusting!

Having worked years in the restaurant industry I can say that not having a manager on duty is pretty much a lie...so besides being moldy, it's a pretty safe bet they are liars. Their only option is to totally compensate you and apologize. If they don't I am sure the health department would love to investigate their moldy cake. What a bummer...and I bet you were looking forward to cake, eh??

kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

oh, yuck! that's horrible!!

sounds like you're taking all the steps you need to, but they sure better give you every penny of your money back. i just can't stand paying good money for subpar (or in this case, rotten!) food.

good luck! (and i doubt you'll get sick from it, if it makes you feel any better. my hubbers ate an entire tub of pasta that was about a month old. he lived. :P)

Turtle Bead said...

Hey :D Well I had a sore throat a little bit after the incident. lol But it only lasted a day or two. I went to the restaurant today and got my money back. They also informed me they got a visit from the health department. They sure move quickly!

kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

oh, nice! good job. i'm sure you've saved other folks from a crappy experience. :)

Post a Comment

No spam please.


Related Posts with Thumbnails