Be afraid. Be very afraid. Well, at least be wary. My experience today is proof that these so called health ratings don't mean jack.
Today I ordered from Salvemini's Italian Kitchen also known as Lenzinis Pizza. I ordered one, large Maestro pizza on organic whole wheat crust and one slice of chocolate mousse cake. Mind you, I've never ordered from this place before but the whole wheat crust intruigued me.
While I was nearing the end of the chocolate mousse cake I tasted what could easily be described as insecticide. At first, I thought it was just my imagination so I took another bite. I tasted it again. It can't me, right? Right. I turned it around only to find that the chocolate mousse cake had mold on it. Disgusting.
I immediately called the Pizzeria. A girl answered the phone and I asked her what rating her restaurant had. At first, she had no idea what I was talking about. She asked a co-worker and then she replied, "A." A?? How could this restaurant have an A rating? I asked to speak to her manager and apparently he or she was not there today. I told the girl that their "A" rated food had mold on it and that her manager needs to call me right away.
I filed a complaint with the BBB and I also e-mailed Environmental Health. I hope someone looks into this and I hope I get my money back. I'm afraid I might get sick from this and I have no idea what to do.