Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm blind as a bat! Well...half blind.

Thursday, May 27, 2010
Like the eye patches above? Check out www.emandsprout.etsy.com

I could really use an eye patch right about now. This morning I woke up to find that one of my contacts was missing. I don't have anymore disposables left and it just so happens that my prescription expired 5 days ago. 5 days! Isn't life funny? 

This means I will have to pay $90 for an eye exam and then about $30 for one case of disposable contact lenses which only has about 3 pairs of contacts. That's $120. Serenity now!

I really hate to have to spend so much money on contact lenses. A friend of mine suggested I look into getting Lasik surgery. But as you all know by know I'm a major weirdo and I freak out over little things that normal, every day people would just quickly brush off. Needless to say, I'm a bit hesitant about going through that type of surgery. My brother did it and he's fine but then there's Kathy Griffin's story. lol, That's the scenario that scares me.

Here's what she went through: http://www.kathygriffin.net/lasik.php

Do you know someone who's undergone a Lasik procedure? If so, do you think he or she would recommend it?

3 comments:

Deanna said...

The office manager at my old job had the surgery done and she would definitely recommend it. If I had insurance to cover it, I would have it done in a heartbeat.

I hate wearing glasses and love my contacts; however, now that I'm older I would either have to get the bifocal lenses or wear reading glasses over my contacts when I'm trying to read or see close up. (I chose the latter as it was cheaper.) LOL.

ClayItAgain / 12MidnightOils said...

A couple of years ago I went blind with cataracts; couldn't drive or function at all. PLUS I was freaked out knowing that my only option was to have the surgery. The surgery was so quick, my husband barely had time to move the car from one end of the parking lot to the other, before I was done.
I was drugged (slightly) for the procedure, and this is what I saw when they did the surgery- what I saw in my eye was a bright pink light and then the pink area filled with black and then the next thing I remember was I was being wheeled out of the OR and as soon as they took my vitals and made sure I was awake, I went home. I only had one eye done at a time. We even went out to eat on the way home.

Hope that helps to alleviate your fears.

Turtle Bead said...

Then I Got Fat: I can't stand wearing glasses either. But I've heard that wearing them can actually make your eye sight better. lol Still, I NEVER wear them. :P

ClayItAgain: I'm so sorry you had to go through that! That must have been so scary. I'm glad the surgery was quick and even happier that it went smoothly.

I'm still unsure of whether or not I will have the procedure or not. I'm going to look into it more. My vision contact prescription is currently -3.75 in each eye and apparently one of the risks of Lasik is that you may not even get 20/20 vision. In which case you would end up having to use glasses - because you would be unable to use contacts. That - freaks me out. lol I hate glasses! So far I think Lasik is perfect for those who have gone through what you have ClayItAgain. Maybe I should wait. I don't know! lol

Post a Comment

No spam please.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails