Thursday, June 10, 2010

If You Can't Afford It, Don't Adopt

Thursday, June 10, 2010
Like the T-Shirt graphic above? The shirt is only $18.00! Go to www.myfavoritefrock.etsy.com

It drives me insane when people buy or adopt pets without thinking about what it takes to care for one. If you don't have money - don't do it. A pet is like a child. If your wallet can't take a beating, don't bring another mouth to feed into your home.

I was browsing Craigslist Pet Ads and found this little guy. I showed Troy the ad and he immediately said, "let's get him!" I looked at him like he was crazy. Although I do love animals, we already have two dogs and one cat. There is no way I'm keeping another one. The most recent pet we adopted, Bear is a handful. Our original plan was to foster Bear but Troy fell in love with him so our plans quickly changed. I'm trying to avoid a repeat of that situation.

I'm not planning on adopting the dog in the ad but I let the current owner know that he could use me as a last resort. If he's unable to find someone to take the pup, I will foster him and find him a new home. I rather do that then have him go to a shelter.

Are you in California? Are you looking for a pet? If so, contact the creator of this ad.

He sure is a cutie pie. Please adopt him if you can. 
You can contact the owner here:
(323) 861- 0309


2 comments:

Erin Napier said...

Great post - I heartily agree!

love said...

Love Your ETSY shop name!
Come follow me back
I make Tea ♥
http://good4youtea.blogspot.com/
Much Love!

Post a Comment

No spam please.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails