Sunday, May 23, 2010

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

Sunday, May 23, 2010
Like the print above? Check out www.marcia724.etsy.com

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf? Me of course! I am such a scardey cat. I'm a huge wimp! And guess what? I adore horror movies.

The problem is, I have very vivd dreams. Vivid dreams + horror movie = me waking up and screaming like a little girl about every 20 minutes. Ok, I might be exaggerating a bit. I don't scream like a little girl. I wake up gasping for air as if I were holding on to dear life. 

I used to be able to travel in my dreams very easily. It's as if I wore my very own pair of ruby red slippers. I'd click my heels and go wherever I wanted to go. That came handy when zombies were about to eat me for lunch.

Lately however, I've been having issues with my slippers. They don't care for me anymore and I find myself lost in a sea of scary dreams. It's one after the other, non stop until it's time for me to wake up.

I watched a horror movie last night called, "The Fourth Kind." Honestly, it wasn't scary. It was just a bit disturbing. The lady who played the part of the "real" Dr. Abigail Tyler was the freakiest asset to the movie. She looked like an alien. I'm sure they did that on purpose. 

I'm confused as to why my nightmares were caused by something I didn't even find frightening. 

What scared me the most in my dream was the fact that my dreams mounted into layers. Each dream began with me thinking I was awake and then realizing I wasn't. So I had to maneuver or fight my way out of that particular dream in order to wake myself up. It never worked. I kept "waking up" in another dream. It was exhausting. I felt like I was in my very own Twilight Zone.

Does anyone have a pair of ruby red slippers I could borrow? No?! Well, give me some tips! How do you get out of your scary dreams?

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I don't really have any tips but I also love scary movies. I love zombie movies but then I have nightmares after watching them. Of course I had a crazy dream the other night in which I was shopping in our local grocery store that ended up getting robbed by a bunch of people with shot guns. Now where did that come from?

Turtle Bead said...

Stuff like that comes out of no where for me too. lol I have to say though, I love having the ones where I get to have a gun! haha :) It makes me wake up feeling like a hero.

Post a Comment

No spam please.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails