Thursday, May 13, 2010

Creation in a Dark Pit of Sadness

Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss certain aspects of my youth. Although I constantly possessed the mood of a tortured soul I was also consumed in never ending inspiration. It's easier to focus on the light when you're surrounded in darkness.


These several years I've lost the ability to even grasp the concept of reaching such heights. I don't listen to music like I used to. I don't watch movies like I used to. Nothing is as passionate or intense as it used to be.


The strange thing is, my inspiration dwindled the moment I found true happiness. My inspiration vanished the instant I realized that life was incredibly beautiful. Am I crazy or what?


I suppose I'm one of those artists that finds the birth of creation in a dark pit of sadness. I guess that's why I'm in awe whenever I cross paths with an artist that can portray the beauty and hope that lies within extreme darkness.


♥ The print above is titled, "The Love Letter." It was created by fellow Etsian, BestArtStudios2. For those of you who are entranced by Tim Burton movies, abstract, pop and contemporary art I suggest you check this shop out today!


Shop: www.BestArtStudios2.etsy.com

2 comments:

Robynsart said...

I am the same way... I write my absolute best poetry when I'm in the depths of despair. When I'm happy, forget it! Ahhh... here's to creating!

Christie Cottage said...

Awesome painting.

I used to sit and write poetry. Have not done that is ages. I think when we are down, we are more aware of deeper feelings and that is why we get lost in our thoughts. When we are being happy, we don't dwell.


Have a great Saturday!

Post a Comment

No spam please.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails